Links: Contact Us / Newsletters / Interest Groups / Branch brochure/ Governance Docs
The American Association of University Women advances equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, philanthropy, and research.
AAUW members belong to a community that breaks through educational and economic barriers so that all women and girls have a fair chance. Since our founding in 1881, AAUW members have examined and taken positions on the fundamental issues of the day — educational, social, economic, and political. Today AAUW is the nation’s leading voice on issues related to gender equity.
Membership is open to anyone holding an associate, bachelor, or higher degree from a regionally accredited college or university. Students enrolled in a regionally accredited two or four year institution may become student affiliates.
In principal and in practice, AAUW values and seeks a diverse membership. There shall be no barrier to full participation in this organization on the basis of gender, race, creed, age, sexual orientation, national origin, or physical ability.
Redlands Branch Offerings
Redlands Branch members celebrated our 70th birthday in April of 2017. We meet monthly to share a meal, fellowship, and interesting programs. The Program Committee presents fascinating speakers on current topics. We are also happy to have the University of Redlands as a college/university partner member of AAUW. Read more about us in our newsletters.
Members participate in many ways and as much or as little as they can, with involvement in:
- Branch Interest Groups
- Philanthropy to AAUW Funds which helps finance Educational Opportunities, Legal Advocacy, and Public Polic Advocacy on the national level
- Philanthropy locally: Scholarships for educational opportunities for women and girls in the Inland Empire
- Recent fundraisers: Lunafest, Footlighters Theater Event, Bridge Scramble, Holiday Boutique
- STEM Conferences for 8th Grade Girls – held at University of Redlands and Mount San Jacinto College – San Gorgonio Pass Campus
- Community Projects: Our branch works in the community to promote the AAUW mission through things like: Book drive for Orangewood High School, YMCA Home tour hosting, Redlands Bowl Ushering, Backpacks and school supplies collection for Family Services, Smiley Library Adult Literacy CHAT
Redlands Branch Organization
AAUW State and National
Get the latest news from AAUW and learn what’s happening on the national, state, and branch level. www.aauw.org/media